Summer is full of fun! We pretty much spend most of the day by the pool, especially during these unprecedented times when not everyone can go on a vacation. Add some refreshing taste to your day by adding a glass of Florida Orange Juice either for breakfast, or in the afternoon as a treat to help fuel your fun every day!
The popular refrigerator staple is known for its "Amazing 5" benefits: no added sugar, vitamin C, potassium, folate and great taste; and an 8-ounce serving of 100-percent orange juice helps Americans meet their recommended daily fruit intake. The vitamin C, potassium and folate in Florida Orange Juice offer several nutritional benefits for your body, such as helping support healthy skin and bones, proper muscle function and red blood cells. It also contains only natural- occurring sugar straight from the orange and is different from other orange juices in that it comes directly from the sandy soil of Florida, making it not only nutritious but also giving it a one-of-a-kind taste – like pure sunshine in a glass!While fueling your fun with the "Amazing 5" found in Florida Orange Juice, you can also help keep your body hydrated, thanks to its electrolytes, which can help you to keep going strong throughout the day. Even on your routine weekdays, 100-percent orange juice is a great way to increase your vitamin and nutrient intake for all your activities – whether it’s a pre-soccer practice snack for your kids or incorporating it into delicious recipes throughout the week, such as smoothies, salad dressings and make-ahead dinners.
Having friends over? Try Florida Orange Margarita.
Perfect for entertaining, this easy-to-make cocktail is refreshing and features the great taste of Florida OJ.
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 to 3 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. triple sec (or other orange liqueur)
- 5 oz. tequila
- 2 tsp. honey or agave nectar
- Kosher salt
- Lime slices, for garnish
1. Rub the rims of 4 glasses with a slice of lime to wet it. Sprinkle kosher salt onto a plate and dip the rim of each glass in the salt, pressing and turning it until the rim is coated.
2. In a pitcher, combine Florida Orange Juice, 2 ounces of lime juice, triple sec, tequila, and honey or agave nectar and mix well. Taste and add additional lime juice if desired.
3. Fill glasses with ice and pour the margaritas into the glasses, adding a slice of lime for garnish.
For more recipes, visit FloridaJuice.com, or follow @FloridaOrangeJuice on Instagram and Facebook and share the way Florida Orange Juice fuels your fun to your day.